Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ayers Rock - The Arrival

Our goal from the Painted Desert was to make it to Ularu. Thankfully we were out on the highway pretty early as it was going to be a huge day in the car.

We were carrying an extra couple of hundred kilo's thanks to all the mud that was stuck to us. We must have looked hillarious.

We arrived in Ayers Rock around 5pm with the rain bucketing down. Tensions were high, we had 3 very tired and very hungry children.

It took us about 15 minutes to get it into place because of all the puddles. The kids were all screaming in the back of the car and I wanted to pick up a big sticky handful of mud and throw it at Neil... I refrained!!

We unhooked the trailer and decided that Neil would start the set up while I tried to find the supermarket with the kids!! Oh, this was going to be fun.

In the pouring rain I eventually found it, I got the kids out of the car and then the boy informed me that they needed to do a wee. Before I could find a toilet, Nathan already had his pants down and was weeing on the monster truck. Casey of course couldn't be out done so with help from Nathan, also pulled his pants down and wee'd on the monster truck.....

I got into the supermarket and could smell something pretty rank. I looked down to see my arm was covered in baby poo from none other than the Princess.... WHAT THE!!!

I managed to get what I needed and get back to the caravan park to find Neil in a grumpy mood trying to put up the family room. (I can't imagine why he would be grumpy!!)

A very long story short, we got it done, got everyone into bed and looked forward to seeing the rock the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment