Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ayers Rock - Day 4

I was exhausted. I had Milla in my bed that night and she was feeding ever 2 hours!! Neil wanted to go and do the Olga’s so he headed off on his own and the kids and I just bummed around. We caught the shuttle bus into the shopping precinct and had some lunch. We found a magnificent grassed area which the kids just loved, so we sat down and ate an icecream, the kids ran around and we made paper airplanes and flew them. Milla was still miserable, I had taken her back to the hospital that morning for a check up and the nurse assured me she was “proper sick” (very technical nurse language!!)

She layed on the grass and it was the first time she had forced a grin in days.

Neil came back from the Olga’s at about 5.30pm and after a quick shower, we headed off to dinner with Richard and Jan. We went to an awesome place which did a buffet, kids eat free!!. With this in mind, we thought it would be a family friendly place but it turned out not to be the case. There were a lot of couples sitting there all romantic like and trying to control 7 children just seemed like an impossible task. The kids weren’t naughty, just noisy.

Richard and Neil took the kids outside after dinner so Jan and I could have a coffee and while out there a man walked up to Richard and said “Thanks for ruining my evening”. What the……… If you wanted a nice romantic evening maybe you should go out later than 6pm and not to a place that openly advertises that kids eat free…. Oh well, I hope he didn’t have a flat tyre when he got back to his car, his life might have been over.

The next day was our last in Yalara, and we were heading off to Kings Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment