Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ayers Rock - Day 3

I decided to pull the pin on the 10km walk and take Milla to the Medical Centre / Hospital within the resort. I am so glad I did, turns out the little mite had a UTI, ear infection and was moderately dehydrated. We were there for 4 hours while I tried to syringe 100ml of gastrolyte fluid into her. They gave me the option of the syringe or they were going to put a gastro instinal tube in. That didn’t sound like fun to me so 4 hours later we were allowed to leave with strict instructions to make sure she drank an extra 200ml of fluid for the next 3 days, plus antibiotics.

While we were at the hospital, Neil took the boys and met up with Richard, Jan and the kids to do the walk. Pram in tow they set off. The kids were amazing. Neil said that Casey walked about 8 of the 10km’s. Not bad for a set of little legs. The pram came in handy as they met up with another couple, Andy and Ness and their 4 kids. Turns out that it became a communal pram and it got a fair work out.

It was a HUGE day and they got back to camp at around 4pm. Unfortunately a lot of the track was on sacred sites so they were not allowed to take photos. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been.

We both agreed that it was an awesome place and something that everyone should go and see at least once in their life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment